On Christmas Eve, we put our nativity scene under our tree. So my final suggestion for this advent is to get out your Christmas nativity scene and put it under the tree.
That’s right. At our house, we don’t usually put up the tree until the Fourth Sunday of Advent. If you tree is already up, you can still bless it
For today’s advent activity, make some Christmas cookies to share with friends and relatives. What are your favorite Christmas treats?
Family activities strengthen the little churches in our homes. So sit down, grab the popcorn, relax, and watch an uplifting family Christmas movie together.
Christmas is getting closer. This is the time when we start to panic about all of the things we need to do between now and December 25. Take a breather from the worry today and let the spirit of advent visit your family.
There are many beautiful Christmas light displays this year. But Jesus is our true Christmas light! We long for his coming.
If you intend to mail Christmas cards and you haven’t done so yet, now is the time. Otherwise they will be post-Christmas cards.
For today’s advent activity, make some paper snowflakes. Each snowflake will be different, just as God made each of us unique.
Your kids might have made a list of some things they’d like to receive for Christmas. So for today’s advent activity, encourage them to make a list of all the things they already have which they are thankful for.
Today for your advent activity, why not do something nice for a neighbor? I’ve listed a few ideas below. Add your own ideas.
We went to the annual Festival of Lessons and Carols last night at our kid’s grade school. They put on a very nice presentation of carols and Bible readings. It made me think about how much caroling can help us think about the coming of the Christ child.
It is time to start thinking about Christmas gifts for the kids’ teachers. In addition to gift cards, the kids make small homemade gifts for them also.
Today, say a simple Advent prayer service together. It doesn’t need to be lengthy. In fact, with younger children, shorter is better so they can really pay attention.
For today’s advent activity, make some votive candle holders. These votive candle holders are easy enough to make that all of the members of your family can help, no matter what their age.
A good deeds chain is a simple paper chain, but you must do a good deed for each piece of paper you add. Make a long chain this advent!
God made a beautiful world for us and we should enjoy it together even when it is cold! So do something outdoors as a family
Strengthen your family ties by having a family fun night tonight. Our favorite way to have a fun night is to play a board game or a card game together.
Today, make some ornaments together and give them away. Bring a little light and cheer into somebody else’s Advent by letting them know you are thinking of them.
In the spirit of St. Nicholas, celebrate his feast day by doing one or more good deeds without looking for recognition or thanks. Some ideas are listed.
- Back Off Devil, I Belong to Jesus March 21, 2012
- Daily Scriptures: You Are the Temple of God November 9, 2012
- Saint Anne – Catholic Identity Patch Program July 24, 2012
- St. John of God – Patron Saint of Firefighters (March 8) March 8, 2012
- How the Boy Scout Law Relates to the Ten Commandments March 26, 2012
- Vacation Bible School Games – Getting To Know You Bingo (VBS Games) June 11, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: You are the light of the world. June 12, 2012
- Vacation Bible School – Mission Accomplished! June 15, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: Proclaim the word; be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient; June 9, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: Take it; this is my body. June 10, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness, June 8, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: If we have died with him we shall also live with him June 7, 2012
- The Daily Examen of St. Ignatius of Loyola June 7, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: Do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord June 6, 2012
- Pass It On (VBS Games) June 5, 2012
- CRS Using Mobile Phones to Improve Outcomes for Pregnant Women in India. June 5, 2012
- The Daily Examen in Six Simple Steps July 5, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: I have been looking for you with great anxiety June 16, 2012
- Geocaching on a Beautiful Saturday Afternoon June 16, 2012
- Blessed Carlos Rodriguez – July 13 July 5, 2012
- VBS Games – Castles and Cannons July 3, 2012
- Mary, the First Disciple (Marian Medal) for Girl Scouts July 2, 2012
- Bible Scavenger Hunt Game June 22, 2012
- Teen Youth Group: Open Gym Night June 21, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: It shall put forth branches and bear fruit … June 17, 2012
- Christmas Nativity Scene Blessing December 24, 2012
- Put Up the Tree and Do a Christmas Tree Blessing (Advent Day 22) December 23, 2012
- Make Christmas Cookies (Advent Day 21) December 22, 2012
- Watch a Family Christmas Movie Together (Advent Day 20) December 21, 2012
- Let the Spirit of Advent Visit (Advent Day 19) December 20, 2012
- Go See a Christmas Light Display (Advent Day 18) December 19, 2012
- Send Christmas Cards (Advent Day 17) December 18, 2012
- Make Paper Snowflakes (Advent Day 16) December 17, 2012
- Make an Appreciation List (Advent Day 15) December 16, 2012
- Surprise a Neighbor (Advent Day 14) December 15, 2012
- Sing Some Christmas Carols (Advent Day 13) December 14, 2012
- Make Some Homemade Gifts (Advent Day 12) December 13, 2012
- Have an Advent Prayer Service (Advent Day 11) December 12, 2012
- Make Votive Candle Holders (Advent Day 10) December 11, 2012
- Start a Good Deeds Chain (Advent Day 9) December 10, 2012
- Outdoor Activities (Advent Day 8) December 9, 2012
- Have a Family Fun Night (Advent Day 7) December 8, 2012
- Make Christmas Ornaments and Give Them Away (Advent Day 6) December 7, 2012
- Celebrate St. Nicholas Day by Doing a Good Deed December 6, 2012
- Put Your Shoes Out for St. Nicholas Tonight December 5, 2012
- Hang a Wreath (Advent Day 3) December 4, 2012
- Set Up an Advent Table (Advent Day 2) December 3, 2012
- Make a Jesse Tree (Advent Day 1) December 2, 2012
- Make an Advent Wreath November 29, 2012
- Daily Scriptures: You Are the Temple of God November 9, 2012
- Magali Daiana Stilman: Amen!!...
- dmonneyy: i luv this pic so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
- Elizabeth Huffman: I'm so excited! My daughter is named after St. An...
- Tory Mathis: This is fantastic! I might have to try this with m...
- Brother Finnian Gallagher: It was really remarkable and massively providentia...
Follow @CatholicMom_com on Twitter