God doesn’t look at us and see a crowd. He looks each of us in the face, loves each one for who they are. Pope Francis
If we wish to follow Christ closely, we cannot choose an easy, quiet life. It will be a demanding life, but full of joy. Pope Francis
We pray for a heart which will embrace immigrants. God will judge us upon how we have treated the most needy. – Pope Francis
The Lord speaks to us through the Scriptures and in our prayer. Let us learn to keep silence before him, as we meditate upon the Gospel.
“Jesus is more than a friend. He is a teacher of truth and life who shows us the way that leads to happiness.” – Pope Francis
Christ’s love and friendship are no illusion. On the Cross Jesus showed how real they are.” – Pope Francis on Twitter
“We cannot live as Christians separate from the rock who is Christ. He gives us strength and stability, but also joy and serenity.” – Pope Francis on Twitter
On Christmas Eve, we put our nativity scene under our tree. So my final suggestion for this advent is to get out your Christmas nativity scene and put it under the tree.
That’s right. At our house, we don’t usually put up the tree until the Fourth Sunday of Advent. If you tree is already up, you can still bless it
For today’s advent activity, make some Christmas cookies to share with friends and relatives. What are your favorite Christmas treats?
Family activities strengthen the little churches in our homes. So sit down, grab the popcorn, relax, and watch an uplifting family Christmas movie together.
Christmas is getting closer. This is the time when we start to panic about all of the things we need to do between now and December 25. Take a breather from the worry today and let the spirit of advent visit your family.
There are many beautiful Christmas light displays this year. But Jesus is our true Christmas light! We long for his coming.
If you intend to mail Christmas cards and you haven’t done so yet, now is the time. Otherwise they will be post-Christmas cards.
For today’s advent activity, make some paper snowflakes. Each snowflake will be different, just as God made each of us unique.
Your kids might have made a list of some things they’d like to receive for Christmas. So for today’s advent activity, encourage them to make a list of all the things they already have which they are thankful for.
Today for your advent activity, why not do something nice for a neighbor? I’ve listed a few ideas below. Add your own ideas.
- Saint Anne – Catholic Identity Patch Program July 24, 2012
- Daily Scriptures: You Are the Temple of God November 9, 2012
- Back Off Devil, I Belong to Jesus March 21, 2012
- How the Boy Scout Law Relates to the Ten Commandments March 26, 2012
- St. John of God – Patron Saint of Firefighters (March 8) March 8, 2012
- Daily Scriptures: Take care not to perform righteous deeds in order that people may see them June 20, 2012
- Catholic or Catoholic? :-) June 19, 2012
- Daily Scriptures: Love Your Enemies June 19, 2012
- Daily Scriptures: Jezebel June 18, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: It shall put forth branches and bear fruit … June 17, 2012
- Geocaching on a Beautiful Saturday Afternoon June 16, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: I have been looking for you with great anxiety June 16, 2012
- Vacation Bible School – Mission Accomplished! June 15, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: You are the light of the world. June 12, 2012
- Vacation Bible School Games – Getting To Know You Bingo (VBS Games) June 11, 2012
- Daily Catholic Mass Readings: Take it; this is my body. June 10, 2012
- CNS: Obese Christians? June 20, 2012
- VBS Games: Airplanes June 21, 2012
- O Lord Open My Lips and My Mouth Shall Proclaim Your Praise July 13, 2012
- O Lord, open my lips: Today’s Daily Scripture July 13, 2012
- Youth Group Games – Don’t Be A Squirt July 12, 2012
- Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha July 11, 2012
- Defend the Castle (Medieval Theme VBS Games) July 9, 2012
- VBS Games – Defend the Castle July 9, 2012
- Justice Shall Prevail: Today’s Daily Scripture July 7, 2012
- God Doesn’t Look at Us and See a Crowd December 4, 2013
- Gratitude Is a Flower That Blooms in Noble Souls November 28, 2013
- We Cannot Choose an Easy Quiet Life July 10, 2013
- Christians Are Always Full of Hope July 9, 2013
- Pray For A Heart Which Will Embrace Immigrants July 8, 2013
- The Lord Speaks To Us July 6, 2013
- Jesus Is More Than a Friend July 5, 2013
- Christ’s love and friendship are no illusion July 4, 2013
- We Cannot Live as Christians Separate from the Rock Who is Christ July 2, 2013
- Christmas Nativity Scene Blessing December 24, 2012
- Put Up the Tree and Do a Christmas Tree Blessing (Advent Day 22) December 23, 2012
- Make Christmas Cookies (Advent Day 21) December 22, 2012
- Watch a Family Christmas Movie Together (Advent Day 20) December 21, 2012
- Let the Spirit of Advent Visit (Advent Day 19) December 20, 2012
- Go See a Christmas Light Display (Advent Day 18) December 19, 2012
- Send Christmas Cards (Advent Day 17) December 18, 2012
- Make Paper Snowflakes (Advent Day 16) December 17, 2012
- Make an Appreciation List (Advent Day 15) December 16, 2012
- Surprise a Neighbor (Advent Day 14) December 15, 2012
- Sing Some Christmas Carols (Advent Day 13) December 14, 2012
- Make Some Homemade Gifts (Advent Day 12) December 13, 2012
- Have an Advent Prayer Service (Advent Day 11) December 12, 2012
- Make Votive Candle Holders (Advent Day 10) December 11, 2012
- Start a Good Deeds Chain (Advent Day 9) December 10, 2012
- Outdoor Activities (Advent Day 8) December 9, 2012
- Magali Daiana Stilman: Amen!!...
- dmonneyy: i luv this pic so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
- Elizabeth Huffman: I'm so excited! My daughter is named after St. An...
- Tory Mathis: This is fantastic! I might have to try this with m...
- Brother Finnian Gallagher: It was really remarkable and massively providentia...
- Celebrate St. Nicholas Day by Doing a Good Deed | My Catholic Family http://t.co/P0cubC5j24 #StNick #StNicholas #Advent #Catholic 6 hours ago
- Put Your Shoes Out for St. Nicholas Tonight | My Catholic Family http://t.co/jRkuLUnHQy #stnick #stnicholas #advent #catholic 1 day ago
- God doesn’t look at us & see a crowd. He looks each of us in the face, loves each one for who they are. #PopeFrancis http://t.co/qLH0jGZzyu 2 days ago
- Hang a Wreath - prayer service to make the wreath serve as a reminder of our salvation. http://t.co/ZMDw314iRR #Catholic #Advent 3 days ago
- Set Up an Advent Table (Advent Day 2) | My Catholic Family http://t.co/fzxkaUWkyb #Advent #Catholic 4 days ago
- Make a Jesse Tree (Advent Day 1) | My Catholic Family http://t.co/GOosSuOKaX #Advent #Catholic 5 days ago
- Jumpstart Your Advent With The Family Advent Calendar From The USCCB http://t.co/w5CMY5WT33 #Advent #Catholic 5 days ago
- RT @Pontifex: Christians know how to face difficulties, trials and defeat with serenity and hope in the Lord. 1 month ago retweeted via Pontifex